Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
This section describes some specific categories of information that Aura AntiVirus products collect from you and from third parties, how we use that information, and with whom we share it.
Information You Provide
You may provide us with security information such as emails, files reported as spam and malware detections or crash logs that you chose to report. We process this information to deliver our Antivirus products to you by evaluating potential security risks associated with your data and detecting any misuse. Additionally, emails and malwares files provided by you help us in improving our Antivirus products’ detection rate by reducing false positives.
Information Collected or Accessed by Us
- Your information, including IP Address/Geolocation. This information is processed and stored by us as necessary for processing payments for your subscription and fraud prevention.
- Administrative information, such as a license key allocated per device for our anti- virus product (which can be reassociated to another device). This information is generated internally by Aura for the purpose of tracking the number of devices used by a user and their account activity between our internal company systems, applications, and architecture.
- Provisioning information, such as operating system version and settings, device manufacturer and model, device names and/or assigned names, device identifiers for
- e.g. MAC address and device IDs. This information is processed for the purposes of delivering our Antivirus products to you in accordance to your device(s) as well as tracking and determining trends in threats detected. This information is deleted when your account is cancelled, or subscription expires.
- Security information, such as executable files identified as malware and application names and versions. We process this information for the purposes of delivering the Antivirus product by informing you on site safety and blocking browsing to unsafe websites, improving the detection of malware and cyber-threats (e.g. through file sample analysis), and pursuing general cybersecurity research. We make this information available to you in the form of notifications when an incident is detected.
- Diagnostics information, such as internet usage time, network connection activity and failure diagnostics. We process this information for understanding usage of our products and to further develop and improve our products performance as well as telemetry.
Information Collected or Accessed by Third Parties
Aura shares the following information with third parties as part of our continuous improvement process of our Antivirus product and to ensure it continues to provide industry leading protection in light of ever evolving threats.
- Security information such as security ratings of URLs, and files/executable files identified as potential malware. This information is used for the purposes of delivering our AntiVirus products by informing you when an incident is detected.
- Diagnostics information such as failure diagnostics including crash dumps and system logs sent by a user to us. This information is used for understanding usage of our products and to further develop and improve product performance as well as telemetry.