Complimentary Dark Web Scan Services Terms of Service
May 13, 2021
These Dark Web Scan Services Terms (”Terms”) govern your participation in the Dark Web San Services (“Services”) offered by Intersections Inc. dba Aura.
Our Services scan the dark web for your email address and other information that you provide to us (“Designated Information”) and notify you when your Designated Information is found online.
By entering the Designated Information, you confirm that you own this information and have the right to provide it to us. The Services will not monitor for or detect any information that you have not provided to us. If we find your Designated Information on the dark web, we will send you a notification. We will not remove your Designated Information from the dark web and we do not ensure the accuracy or integrity of the information on the dark web. We do not guarantee that the Services will identify all instances of your Designated Information on the dark web. You acknowledge and agree that our failure to identify Designated Information on the dark web will not constitute a breach or default by us of our obligations.
When using the Services, you may not:
- Undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening or defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or non-U.S. law, order, or regulation;
- Obtain, export, move or copy any data, information or material when you do not have the right to do so, or which was obtained using the Services for an unlawful purpose;
- Attempt, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user of the Services;
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software, or other material obtained through the Services or otherwise, that is protected by copyright or another proprietary right, without obtaining any required permission of the owner;
- Participate in the collection of very large numbers of e-mail addresses, phone numbers, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity;
- Impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else’s digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity (for example, “phishing”); or
- Use the Services for any purpose other than identity theft protection.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Services, please contact us at email@example.com.