What Triggers this Alert?
- Look at the date of the alert. Some alerts may be delayed depending on the reporting source.
- You are receiving this alert because your Passport Number can be used to create forged Passports to allow fraudsters to cross borders, or open accounts in your name.
Is there anything I have to do?
Although data found on the Dark Web cannot be removed, these tips can help you be proactive.
- Look at the date found in the alert as it could be a historical Dark web alert.
- Report the issue to the State Department online, by phone or by mail.
- If your physical passport was also stolen, request a new passport immediately.
- If you believe Identity Theft has occurred, contact us immediately to have our White Glove team help you with the next steps.