What Triggers a "Healthcare ID number on the Dark Web" alert?
- Your Social Security Number may have been compromised due to a data breach
- You may have been hacked or a victim of cyber criminal activities
- Possible malware or spyware threat on one of your devices
What Can I Do?
- Contact your health insurance provider to notify them that your ID number is compromised and request a new ID number
- Review your claims with your insurance provider to confirm if there have been any fraudulent claims
- Continuously review mailed health insurance statements and explanation of benefits (EOB) for any suspicious activity and contact your health insurance company if any are identified
- Place a fraud alert or security freeze ensuring no future inquiries can be placed
- Keep your Watchlist updated to ensure Dark Web Monitoring is active