What triggers a ‘Drivers License Found Alert’
- Your Driver's License number was found on the dark web
- You may have been affected by a data breach
- A device you own/use may have malware, spyware or you may have been hacked
What Can I do?
- Examine the date listed in the alert as it could be a Historical Dark web alert.
- Contact the agency that issued your driver’s license. Ask them to invalidate the old number and issue you a new driver's license with a new number
- Be on the lookout for traffic violations or other citations associated with your lost/stolen driver’s license in the mail
- If you believe Identity Theft has occurred contact a Specialist for further assistance.
- Place a Fraud Alert/ Security freeze on your Credit File to prevent unauthorized inquiries