What Triggers a Financial Account Number Found Alert
- Look at the date of the alert. Some alerts may be delayed depending on the reporting source.
- One of the financial account numbers the member added to Watchlist was found on the Dark Web.
Is there anything I have to do?
- If you previously used your financial account number to complete a valid transaction with a company that experienced a data breach, immediately change the password on that company’s website
- Immediately contact the financial institution to request a new account number and to issue new credit/debit cards (if applicable).
- Monitor the account for any unauthorized or fraudulent activity.